Saturday, April 26, 2014

Hervey Bay to Coloundra

4/26/2014

Returning to Graeme and Loretta's in Coloundra after breakfast at Paul's this morning. Pretty easy 2.5 hour drive. Getting ready to spend my last evening with my dear friends who have so graciously hosted me, driven me over 500 miles, fed me incredible meals and shared their home and love with me during this return trip. I have been tasked with returning the favor next year as they consider a return trip to the States, specifically New Orleans, Nashville, Memphis and Atlanta.

Our final dinner is a fantastic Thai meal at their neighborhood Thai restaurant, Bangkok by Night. We share massamum beef, panang chicken and pad thai w/prawns. There is an incredibly reasonable corkage fee of only $2 for the wine and beer that we bring with us. (Why we charge upwards of $15 in the States is beyond me). If this restaurant was in my neighborhood in Florida, I would be eating here at least once a week.

Before we leave the restaurant, I copy the saying on the nearby chalkboard (attributed to the Dalai Lama, but paraphrased however slightly by the owner's son):

"The source of all misery in the world lies in thinking of oneself;
The source of all happiness lies in thinking of good food."

I could not have said it better myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment