Saturday, April 26, 2014

Coloundra to Brisbane

4/27/2014

After lunch, a sad and teary goodbye to Loretta and Graeme before Paul, who is heading to Brisbane as well, drives us to the capital city. He drops me off at the Kookaburra Inn, a B & B in the Spring Hill suburb of Brisbane, before he drives on further into the city to the hotel where he is staying overnight before going on further south.

The Inn is very simple and basic - similar to many hostels and backpackers inns I have stayed in during my earlier travels. Wendy, the proprietor, is very helpful - checking on the day tour operator I plan to use tomorrow morning for my day tour of Brisbane - and showing me the shared kitchen, TV room, outdoor areas and available rooms. I review the neighborhood map with her, brew a cuppa and head back to my room to catch up on my blog while relaxing. Tomorrow I slip back into my tourist mode and enjoy the city before heading back home on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment